Sustainability at WVC
What is sustainability?
Sustainability means everyone has access to the benefits of a clean environment, a just society, and an equitable economy.
What does sustainability involve?
- Reduce, reuse, repair, redesign and recycle.
- Respect our planet and all those who live on it.
What is WVC doing?
- Relying on clean, renewable hydropower and solar energy
- Conserving energy through occupancy sensors and LED lights
- Reducing waste, improving recycling, and composting
- Protecting our water supply
- Maintaining our Tree Campus USA Higher Education certification
- Working toward our National Wildlife Federation bronze certification in plastic reduction
- Providing access to healthcare
- Growing organic food in the campus garden and donating food to the hungry
- Commuting by electric buses and by bicycles
- Addressing our carbon footprint by promoting Idle Free Zones in all parking lots
- Teaching and learning about our natural environment, cultural diversity and equal access for all.
Questions? Want to get involved? Contact the sustainability coordinator at email@example.com.